Complaint Review: Fields Data Recovery

• Fields Data Recovery

Internet
    USA

Fields Data Recovery Data recovery scam St.Louis, MO Internet

In March 2016 my computer hard drive crashed on my Mac Computer.  Not being a novice at computers I took it too the Apple store where they had to delete my hard drive and basically restart my computer as a new computer. Unfortunately the lesson I learned was to always always backup files.  I had backups of my photos... but I did not have a back up file of all my documents saved to my Apple email.

That said, I quickly realized I had a lot of needed data so I looked around for data recovery resources. I came across, Field's and liked that they had a central office in St.Louis and this is where I live. This would save me at least 2 days shipping. I porceeded and spoke with Josh Carter, who was handling my case.  The site promises a 48 hour turn around so when I didn't hear back in 72 i called and was assured they were working on my files. I never heard from them except when I was inquiring or when they wanted payment.

Approximately, 5 days later I receive an email and phone call from Josh stating the engineers had found everything. I asked more about specific files so he agreed to send me a screen shot. The files were very jumbled and I did not see what I needed so I sent Josh a follow telling him I could not see my data.  He again assurred me it was there and told me where to look. I did not see it but again contributed it to not being able to read the files on my iphone.

I explained we were on vacation and he again assured me tha my files were there. I sent an email again asking for specific files. He stated, "the computer engineers are sure your files are there."  I provided a cc number and he put the charge through and sent my computer back.

When I got it home I tried to get the files, but could not find them. I called Josh and told him. He was going to have the engineer call me.  I never heard back. I called 4 times and received no return calls as promissd. Finally, I was able to speak with Dan Rapp, branch manager.  He was very short and told me that they do not give refunds. I read him emails and offered to send him the correspondance, but he refused. I asked him 4 times to give me his managers name.

He did not want to give me the name and told me that the answer would be the same.  He gave me the name Todd Taylor.  When I ask to speak with Todd, I was told he was busy?  I then asked to be transfered to Todd's voicemail.  I left a message on Todd's voice mail today 09/02/2016.  It has taken me over 2 months to just get in touch with someone and after doing some research I came across this site and see that I am not alone in being scammed by this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2016 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fields-data-recovery/internet/fields-data-recovery-data-recovery-scam-stlouis-mo-internet-1326087. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content