Complaint Review: Fingerhut Credit Advantage

• Reported By: Wyandotte Michigan
  • Fingerhut Credit Advantage
    16 McLeland Rd
    Saint Cloud, Minnesota

Will not cancel my card, Automated phone service, no responce through mail or fax. Account has been inactive since 4/99.

Experian says acct is open and current.

Shawn
Wyandotte, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2006 08:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fingerhut-credit-advantage/saint-cloud-minnesota-56303/fingerhut-credit-advantage-ripoff-will-not-cancel-my-card-saint-cloud-minnesota-174940. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Jenifer - (U.S.A.)

Exactly what I don't know. My account was also inactive in 1999. Lo and behold, I got a notice in November from a collection agency that Fingerhut had sold them a debt and they were reporting it as brand new on my credit report for double the amount of the original debt. I disputed with the credit bureaus because it was inaccurate information. The entry has since been deleted because the collection agency had nothing to back it up.