Complaint Review: Fingerhut

• Fingerhut
    6250 Ridgewood Road
    St. Cloud, Minnesota
    United States of America

Fingerhut Fingerhut Corporation Charges have exceeded a very small purchase by almost triple. Original purchase was $29.99. St. Cloud, Minnesota

I started an online account with fingerhut. I was given a $100 line of credit initially. I purchased a set of Japanese (decorative only) for my mantle. The item cost $29.99. I receved my first bill of $6.99. I sent them a bank issued money order for $20 which they later claimed to have lost.

The following month i sent them another bank issued money order, again, for $20. They credited the account but the balance due was now $39. The following month i sent them another bank issued money order which they did credit to my account. My balance was now $43.

I sent them another bank issued money order, again, for $20 which they claim to have not received. I have initialized a money order trace on the two missing money orders but the bank is not very interested as i don't have an account with them. They say it will take around 6 weeks.

As of today, according to Fingerhut, i now owe them $77. For a $29 item that i have already paid them $80 for. If they only accepted two out of four payments how is the balance due 2.5x the original purchase price. If i would have had any idea that this is how they operated i would've never done business with them.

Very regretful. Do not do business with Fingerhut.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2012 05:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fingerhut/st-cloud-minnesota-56303/fingerhut-fingerhut-corporation-charges-have-exceeded-a-very-small-purchase-by-almost-trip-933376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content