Complaint Review: Firestone Credit First NA ,CFNA

• Reported By: Jemez Pueblo New Mexico
  • Firestone Credit First NA ,CFNA
    PO Box 81344
    Cleveland, Ohio

Firestone Credit First NA ,CFNA FIRESTONE CFNA CREDIT CARD A SCAM!!!! Cleveleand, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: HAVING THIS CARD CAN ACTUALLY HURT YOUR CREDIT.

I used Firestone Rio Rancho, New Mexico auto services for a few years, always paying on my Visa credit card. Was offered a 5 percentage off (several hundred dollarts of service needed) if I applied for the Firestone charge card. Trying to save money, I thought, OK, this is a few dollars off.

I've NEVER had problems with service, management or products with Rio Rancho Southern Blvd. Firestone.

The Firestone CFNA credit card is the culprit. I went in for service 12/12/08, wanting to pay my 11/20/08 bill($137.58). Was told (asked the manager to call about when outstanding balance was sent out) invoice would be sent shortly. I couldn't pay at the store by check....either cash or money order. I opted to wait until invoice came in the mail.

Invoice was closing date 12/13/09 postmarked 12/19/08, received the bill 12/24/08. I paid the bill IN FULL 1/15/09($137.58), processed on January 25, 2009 and received another statement with $10.00 Past Due + $4.54 finance charge at the top of invoice. Below the SAME invoice, it's NOW noted I owe $25.00 late fee.

Called the manager Brandon at Firestone to let him know I was not happy with recent gouging of credit card. He said they are not affiliated with the charge card and the service center.

THE SCAM:the late mailing(postmark) vs. the closing date. Then reading the late fee at the top of invoice states $10.00, then below, $25.00. PRICE GOUGING!!!!

I am paying the amount owed, but will NEVER USE THE CARD AGAIN.

CONSUMERS BEWARE: FIRESTONE CFNA IS A SCAM!!!!

Nance
Jemez Pueblo, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2009 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/firestone-credit-first-na-cfna/cleveland-ohio-44188/firestone-credit-first-na-cfna-firestone-cfna-credit-card-a-scam-cleveleand-ohio-415634. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

HAVING THIS CARD CAN ACTUALLY HURT YOUR CREDIT.

AUTHOR: Sherri - (U.S.A.)

CFNA does not report credit limits to the Credit Reporting Agencies..they only report your balance. Hence, if you have a $2000 credit limit and a balance of $300 reporting, it is going to show up as if the card is maxed and lower your FICO.

They are not very organized. My bank has sent them proof several times that a payment I made through Bill Pay WAS received on time (in fact, four days before due date), yet they still did not post it until almost a week later and refuse to reverse fees due to their error. Between that, their RUDE customer service, as well as ridiculous interest, this card went straight to the shredder after I closed it.