Complaint Review: First American Home Buyers Protection Corp. Van Nuys

• Reported By: Granada Hills California
  • First American Home Buyers Protection Corp. Van Nuys
    PO BOX 10180, Van Nuys, Ca.91410-0180
    Van Nuys, California

First American Home Buyers Protection Corp. Van Nuys Sending a serviceman without a confirmed request and billing for this Ripoff Van Nuys California

I made an inquiry about the possibility of having someone look into my water heater that made an abnormal noise, and was told by the customer service rep that this does not sound like a covered service. Therefore, my response was that I do not want to pursue the request for service if the insurance will not cover it.He suggested looking into it furthermore by asking his supervisor, and put me on hold for an extended length of time, after which I had to leave for an appointment and hung up.

I made no further follow up phone call as I was already told it does not appear to be a covered service.I never received any work order # to follow-up the request, which I normally get from them if I put in a request for service.

Now, I have been receiving statements to pay service fee of $55 because they sent a serviceman to my door without my approval!I feel very harassed by this action, and $55 is not an amt that is an issue, but the fact they are ripping me off for a service I did not confirmed with them.How many other homeowners have they done this to?

Lizabeth
Granada Hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2007 06:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/first-american-home-buyers-protection-corp-van-nuys/van-nuys-california-91410/first-american-home-buyers-protection-corp-van-nuys-sending-a-serviceman-without-a-confir-254970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content