Complaint Review:

• Updated: Sat, June 10, 2017

• Reported By: Melissa — Austin Texas USA
First American Payment Systems
Nationwide USA

First American Payment Systems 1st Pay POS, Merimac Capital, Eliot Management Group, Classic Bait and Switch Scam! Austin Nationwide

I was contacted by Brook an emplyee of Eliot Management Group. A subsidiary of First American (they have at least 8 names they use....hmm - creepy). She solicited me to use their phone slider instead of propay (propay is very much like square). She told me there were no monthly fees or annual fees and that only fees were those directly associated with the cards I ran which varied from 0.59% to 1.59% of the amount charged and processed. This was the "bait"....the ommision and outright lie she used to get me to sign up. She had me sign up on her ipad where there was only a tiny window in which to sign. I was not allowed to read a contract nor was I ever provided with a copy. Once my slider was activated I was charged $63 before I had used it. Brook got that reversed and said it was an error. I believe the only reason this first charge was refunded was because I had referred other clients to her and she didn't want me disrupting her business with them. [continued below]....

.....

After that, random charges kept coming out of my account without any explanation (I would text Brook and she would say she would get it refunded but that did not happen). I called First American when Brook stopped answering texts and I was told that there was no set monthly fee...that fees would vary and they could not tell me why or how much they would be - the charges are completely random. This is the "switch" when the real deal comes out in this scam - they take what they want when they want out of your account! Brook stopped answering my calls and more random fees kept coming out of my account. On one of my calls First American told it would cost $400 to cancel with them, then when I canceled they sent me collections bill for $617, then they drafted $592 out of my account months after ending my relationship wit them - all these numbers are vastly different and there has never been an itemized bill submitted to me explaining ANY charges. They seem to feel they can just take whatever they want from your bank account and then threaten your credit should you not comply. It feels like a fininacial rape of my account. I feel violated and I will NOT stand for this.

As an example of how unethical first American is in how they train their reps... Brook showed up uninvited to my brother in laws home (I had referred him before I myself realized it was a scam company) and handed him a card processing machine....then she tried to hand him $100 cash (which he did not take), she said the machine was free and a leftover from some return....of course then random fees started coming out of his account and he never used the machine she gave him. Get this....BBB is giving them an A+ rating. They have 13 reviews....12 of which are bad and 66 complaints. They are not in any fashion a better business in any way, shape or form

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2017 08:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/first-american-payment-systems/nationwide/first-american-payment-systems-1st-pay-pos-merimac-capital-eliot-management-group-cla-1378262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Payment Systems