Complaint Review:

• Submitted: Mon, November 10, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, November 10, 2003

• Reported By:williamsport Pennsylvania
First Consumer National Bank FCNB - Spiegel
P.O. Box 3020 Portland, Oregon U.S.A.

First Consumer National Bank - Spiegel ripoff now they want me to dig out and send them a copy of the cancelled check. Give me a break! Portland Oregon

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

My husband has a FCNB/Spiegel card that was settled in 2001. Now we have a collection agency trying to come back on us, because FCNB had filed chapter 11 , and wasn't smart enough to update their accounts.

I have called several numbers and have been told to write to Credit Card Services PO box 9201 old bethpage NY 11804 to request a copy of the paid in full agreement. The agency calling me is Regional Adjustment Bureau and the number there is 1-800-829-7750. I have faxed them a copy of my credit report showing this account paid and closed and now they want me to dig out and send them a copy of the cancelled check. Give me a break!

This place has no clue what anxiety they are causing. Now we have to suffer and fight for something that should not be happening. How would they feel if we all came back on them for wasting our time and energy, and through this all I'm not real confident this will get resolved with out me contacting a lawyer. Anyone that is succesful in resolving these issues please advise.

mary
williamsport, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2003 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/first-consumer-national-bank-fcnb-spiegel/portland-oregon-97208/first-consumer-national-bank-spiegel-ripoff-now-they-want-me-to-dig-out-and-send-them-a-71505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Consumer National Bank FCNB - Spiegel