Complaint Review: First National Bank Of Marin

• Reported By: Newark Ohio
  • First National Bank Of Marin
    9500 Toledo Way
    Irvine, California

First National Bank Of Marin Rip-offs Dishonest fraudulent billing and Fees. Irvine California

Sometime in the 90s I recieved an Application in the mail for First National Bank Of Marin Credit Card, I filled out the forms and returned it with an Application fee of $49.95 as ask. I called and called and finally about 2 months later my Credit card came and the limit was suppose to be $400.00, but when I activated the card and check the balance to make sure everything is o'k it had a balance of $250.00 on it.

I called them and ask what happen to the other $150.00 they said they took it away because it was for the fee and secured card, but I explained that I sent in the $49.00 fee already and the card supposed to been secured already. They kept giving me crap about fees and said I couldn't cancel because I will still be billed. so I hung up.

I started sending in my payments so I can be finished with them, and as I send in my payments my bill kept getting higher. I called about that and they gave me more crap so I used the money that I payed for which was only $250.00 and stop paying because they were rip-offs and weretripling my interest rates. Now there on my credit report saying I owe them thousands of dollars which is impossible when they only sent me $250.00 and I was sending in $50.00 payments for atleast half a year.

If your thinking about using this company please think again they are truly rip-offs and fraudently. If anyone know how I can get this off my credit report please help it been there since 1996 and it's now 2007 that's ridiculous. Thanks

Chantilly
Newark, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2007 08:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/first-national-bank-of-marin/irvine-california-92618-1806/first-national-bank-of-marin-rip-offs-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-and-fees-irvine-califo-254676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content