Complaint Review: Fitness 19

• Fitness 19
    313 West Shaw
    clovis, California
    United States of America

On the day I went in to cancel my membership, I was not told about a 30 day notice of cancellation.

They proceeded without my permission to take out $20.00 out of my account, which bounced my account of $34.00.  This, to me, is very unprofessional.  I will not recommend this gym to anyone else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2013 01:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fitness-19/clovis-california-93726/fitness-19-when-cancelling-membership-not-told-about-30-day-notice-fee-clovis-californi-999249. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Fitness 19 in Buena Park withdraw your money even after you cancel

AUTHOR: Jay - ()

At first they told me to freeze my account instead of canceling it

And they said I won't get charged for 6 month. Guess what.. They actually withdrew my money from my bank.

When I complained about that they said there's supposed to be 30 days notice.. Well they didn't tell me about that.

So I decided to cancel it right away when I went there for the 2nd time. And Guess what they still withdrew my money from my bank so I had to call my bank to stop the payment. and you know what happen after that?

I got my money back which is good but now they're sending me a billing by mail.. Oh God

They give you a headache. I would never recommend this Gym to anyone.

#2 General Comment

Always read and understand in full before signing

AUTHOR: JSworth - ()

You were not informed of this at the time cancellation because you are informed of it at the time of signing up for your membership. It's one of the many things that they have you sign when you start your membership. The fact that you didn't read a contract you were signing isn't really Fitness 19's fault.