Complaint Review: Fitness Connections

• Fitness Connections
    6240 Glenwood Avenue
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    USA

Fitness Connections Membership Scam, Hidden Fees, Outrageous Late Fees, Horrible Customer Service, Easy Way In, Hard to Get Out Raleigh North Carolina

Please do yourself a favor a read and consider any and ALL reviews regarding this company. Someone elses BAD EXPERIENCE could save you money and time. Before I joined in January, I was looking for a gym close to where I live and one that offered a great rate. This one seem to have what I was looking for but, OMG. These folks are skilled at conniving there members with unreasonable behind the scene fees that they take right out of your bank account and cause you additional headache fees with your bank. And once you realize the unauthorized fees the gym has taken, caused your bank account to spiral out of control, you have a big mess to clean up regarding you're finances and investment. Oh yeah, and be prepared to pay an "Annual Member Fee" right after you join!!! They don't tell you that because it makes no sense to a new member not even there a year yet. I joined on the 25th of the month, of which I was under the impression they would prorate my monthly membership fee since starting 5 days before months end, but they didn't prorate.

Anyway, I joined. Not told any differently, I was under the impression I would be debited on the 25th for my next payment. You know. Since that was the day I began my membership, and since they did not prorate, this made sense to me, However, I was wrong. They expected another full payment on the 15th of the month with no credit for the 10 days I've already paid for. The account I gave them permission to debit upon signing up, money was available after the 18th of ever month, so if I was technically charged when I started on the 25th, my account would not have been compromised by these SCAM ARTISTS. Okay, that's one part, the other part is, they charged my account on the 15th of the month, remember my money isn't available until after the 18th, but before the 21st. They were charging my account $20 late fee on top of my monthly membership fee. Caused me out of control fees with my bank. Also, these jerks charged me an annual membership fee after being a member for 3 months.

I have never been pre charged an annual membership fee before being a member for a year. BOGUS. They have NO CUSTOMER SERVICE in place, just representatives who were trained to finagle you to sign up, but not trained to assist you in handling unauthorized charges to your account. Also, you can't just easily end your account. No no honey, you go into the gym to sign up, but you can't go in to sign out. THIS IS BY FAR THE SADDEST company I've seen. They will be going out of business soon, trust me. And do yourself a favor, read the other reviews posted. Skip over the ones they coerced folks to write when they give them a free shake, or class.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2017 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fitness-connections/raleigh-north-carolina-27612/fitness-connections-membership-scam-hidden-fees-outrageous-late-fees-horrible-customer-1381158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content