Complaint Review: Five Star Ford Lincoln Warner Robbins

• Five Star Ford Lincoln Warner Robbins
    900 Russell Parkway
    Warner Robbins, Georgia
    USA

Five Star Ford Lincoln Very Terrible Used Car Buying Experience Warner Robbins Georgia

I searched around for a Used car for several weeks. I know I did not want to buy a used car that wouldn't make it a month, which is what nobody wants in a used car buying experience. That's exactly what happened to me.

I bought a used vehicle at the beginning of August. It didn't make it another three weeks. It was a 2006. It had less than 100k miles on it. I was told that it was driven very easy and was assured it would last at least another year or two. I was told so many good things about my Ford. So, since I only needed it to last basically a year, I signed an "AS-IS."

So, three weeks later- less than 2,000 more miles on the car- I've got engine stalling, knocking, and extremely rough idling. It hardly starts. I took it to a mechanic who gave me a $2650 estimate that I know is reasonable for what he described to me. Major engine repair needed. I would have to at least replace bottom parts of the engine and some bearings. He suggested replacing the engine with a used engine.

I understand "AS-IS." I may have to replace a starter, an alternator, maybe even some fuel injectors. COMPLETE ENGINE OVERHAUL, though? That's ridiculous. When I called them, they told me that basically there was nothing I could do for me. Yes, I know that Georgia Lemon Laws won't help me. However, I just refuse to believe that fair business practices would tell them to do nothing when I basically chose the car because they told me it would definitely last at least a year.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2013 02:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/five-star-ford-lincoln-warner-robbins/warner-robbins-georgia-31088/five-star-ford-lincoln-very-terrible-used-car-buying-experience-warner-robbins-georgia-1085275. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content