Complaint Review: Flagstar Bank

5151 Corporate Drive
    Troy, Michigan
    United States of America

Flagstar Bank - mortgage- Troy, Michigan

In June 2010, I had to make a mortgage payment without a stub (bank did not send one) so had to call and get the loan # from someone at home, well, they told me the wrong number.  Flagstar Bank cashed the check (had a copy of the cancelled check both sides).  Flagstar reported me as late in July, August, September, October, and  November 2010 and started to do a foreclosure for the "missing" payment.

I sent copies of the canceled check with a letter and even express mailed the information, with a detailed description of what happened.  They ignored us.  This put our credit score into a tailspin.  I had to get the MI Attorney General into the matter and they sent my complaint to the Office of Thrift Supervision, Consumer Response Center in Washington, DC.

In December 2010, the Office of Thrift Supervision said they got the situation resolved, and wow, Flagstar Bank said they got my payment all late fees would be reversed and all credit reports would be corrected in our favor.

Today, I tried to look into refinance under the new HARP and found out the the Office of Thrift Supervision was told a lie, Flagstar Bank did not correct my credit report, so now, I cannot refinance and no one will help with credit issues.

Do not deal with Flagstar Bank it took the Federal government to get them to credit my June 2010 payment to the correct account, but still did not correct the lies in my credit report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2011 06:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/flagstar-bank/troy-michigan-48098/flagstar-bank-mortgage-troy-michigan-756855. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content