Complaint Review: Fleet Credit Card Services

• Reported By: San Diego California
  • Fleet Credit Card Services
    www.fleet.com
    Wilmington, Delaware

Fleet Credit Card Services Ripoff fraudulent billing interest rates Wilmington Delaware

I signed up for a Fleet credit card under the promise that I would get a very low FIXED interest rate (6.9%, I think) if I transferred the balances of my other credit cards. I did transfer my balances and diligently paid at least if not more than the minimum payment each month. I never submitted a late payment.

All was well for about 2 years when one day I opened my statement to see my interest rate had jumped to 25%. I had never recieved notice that my rates would be going up. I immediately called Fleet and was told that the fine print on the offer said that after a certain time period my rates would go up.

I read the fine print and never saw anything like that. The offer was a fixed interest rate until the "loan" was paid off...unless I was late on payments, which I never was. I repeatedly called Fleet and made all sorts of fair offers and they would not budge. They insisted I pay the huge interest charge or it would go on my credit.

Lynn
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2004 06:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fleet-credit-card-services/wilmington-delaware/fleet-credit-card-services-ripoff-fraudulent-billing-interest-rates-wilmington-delaware-77359. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content