Report: #201198

1200 Ernest Barret Pkwy
    Kennesaw, Georgia

Floor And Decor DECEPTIVE ADVERTISING LOW GRADE PRODUCT Kennesaw Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: HMMM

My wife and I bought 1300 + square feet of Bamboo flooring from this company. We read their advertisment stating bamboo to be harder than red oak. In fact we were convinced, by their sales people, bamboo is 30% harder than red oak. We had it installed by a licensed installer and were very impressed with the beauty of the floor. Then we moved in. Of course there were the normal scratches one can expect when moving in. These were accepted. I called Floor and Decor and asked if they had any product made repair the scratches. They sent a product that does not work. As of now I have been unable to get anything to do this.

This is not the problem. The problems bagan when my wife dropped an ice cube and it dented the floor. Then we started noticing anything dropped caused dents in this floor. We notified the store manager, Samantha Remick, of this problem. They sent a rep from the maufacturer to inspect it. The manufacturer is ECO Timber. His name was Joe Burke and he filed a false report to Floor and Decor. His report was accepted by Floor and Decor upper management, Lisa Erath, as being true. This manager even stated we were not truthful about the items that would cause dents in this, so called, hard flooring. No one has tried coming out and doing a drop test. Even a small spoon will dent this floor.

Here is Floor and Decor ad.
Selecting Bamboo Flooring
Looking to bring that warm, natural look into your home? Well bamboo is an attractive economical hard surface flooring choice that is ecologically friendly, and can provide your home with a wonderful designer look and feel. Bamboo flooring is made of laminated strips of solid bamboo to create a hard surface flooring that is harder than red oak. With a variety of colors and finishes to choose from, you're sure to find the perfect bamboo flooring to beautify any room in your house.
Here is the manufacturer ad.
Janka hardness test results: 1,100-1,300 lbs./sq.in. (similar to Red Oak)
Not at all harder than,much less 30% harder than, red oak. Similar to as stated by the manufacturer.
Floor and Decor know they are wrong and have offered 50% off material to redo my floor. Big deal. Why should I pay anything to replace a product I was convinced to buy based on a lie? What about labor? What about having to move out while this is done? They only offered this when I contacted the BBB about this problem.
BUYER BEWARE: Check it for yourself. Do not take their word for anything. WE FULLY INTEND TO CONTINUE THIS FIGHT IN COURT IF NECESSARY. IF YOU HAVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM. PLEASE CONTACT US.

James
marietta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2006 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/floor-and-decor/kennesaw-georgia-30144/floor-and-decor-deceptive-advertising-low-grade-product-kennesaw-georgia-201198. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

HMMM

AUTHOR: Angie - (USA)

I WORK FOR THIS COMPANY PRESENTLY AND LIKE I TELL ALL CONSUMERS (FOR FUTURE REFERENCES) WHEN DOING SOMETHING SO PERMANENT YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH, NOT TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT.  AND UPON MY OWN RESEARCH ABOUT BAMBOO, THAT IS THE CASE BAMBOO IS TO BE HARDER THAN RED OAK.  BUT SORRY ABOUT YOUR FLOOR.