Complaint Review:

• Reported By: Brez — Deltona Florida USA
Florida Technical College
1199 south woodland Blvd Deland, Florida USA

Florida Technical College FTC Scholarship Fraud Deland Florida

I received a call from Florida Technical College. They stated that I was a recipient of a fully paid scholarship for the degree program of my choice. They said I had to come in right away to sign up or possibly lose the opportunity. I went to the Deland Campus and completely signed up, including signing financial forms, degree forms, and everything else needed to start school the following Monday. When I asked how and why I was receiving the scholarship, nobody could give me a straight answer, but the financial lady said it was probably a write off for the school and not to tell anybody. I never heard of this before. It's a big deal to receive a scholarship, fully paid. I told everyone I knew. There was a required student orientation that when I showed up to was told the scholarship was on hold and hit a snag in Tallahassee. A representative would call and let me know when class was starting. After over 2 weeks of not hearing from the school, I called to find out the status of the scholarship. They told me it was put on hold until further notice and possibly not until next year. Basically I was told there is no scholarship. I signed papers for the money and wasn't the only person receiving a scholarship. I believe there is fraud and will likely report this to the department of education or whoever takes care of these matters.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2016 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/florida-technical-college/deland-florida-32724/florida-technical-college-ftc-scholarship-fraud-deland-florida-1337011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Technical College