Complaint Review: FloridaDirect

• Submitted: Fri, June 01, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, June 01, 2007
  • Reported By: Long Island City New York
  • FloridaDirect
    3993 Tyrone Blvd Ste #608-149, St.
    Petersburg, Florida

FloridaDirect Travel Scam Petersburg Florida

I fell for the same scam. They asked me whether I'd like to get materials about the promotional offer, and I accepted. The guy on the phone said that I can cancel my offer any time. However, when I got the materials, I discovered that they will bill me automatically for 149$. They said that I could cancel the arrangement over the phone, and I called and they said it was cancelled. However, I have no material proofs that I cancelled it. In two weeks, they billed me 149$.

I told my bank, and they offered to block the check from being payed out. They also advised me, and I plan to file a check forgery report, because the check was essentially forged, since I never gave consent to accept 149$ payment. Additionally, they had my bank account number, although I never gave it to them.

Vl

Vladimir
Long Island City, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2007 05:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/floridadirect/petersburg-florida-33709/floridadirect-travel-scam-petersburg-florida-251739. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content