Complaint Review: Fontaine Press

• Reported By: Carl — Sydney Internet United States of America
  • Fontaine Press

Internet
    United States of America

Fontaine Press Jason Swiney Publishing scam. Fontaine Press do not pay authors royalties. Internet

I was approached by Jason Swiney of Fontaine Press a few years back to publish my book. It was selling around 800 copies per week. I have not received a single cent of the royalties Fontaine Press owe me. They are not a real publisher. They simply take your manuscript, make a pdf out of it, create an ISBN and sell it as print on demand copies.

I contacted Jason Swiney to ask where my royalties are and he said that they hadn't sold any books but for that year I had received thousands of emails from people saying they had bought my book and enjoyed it etc. When I started selling the book myself again through my website, not trusting this company anymore, I again sold between 600 and 1400 copies per week.

Jason Swiney is a liar and a thief. I would avoid having anything to do with this con artist or his company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2011 10:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fontaine-press/internet/fontaine-press-jason-swiney-publishing-scam-fontaine-press-do-not-pay-authors-royalties-770922. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content