Complaint Review: Food City - Phoenix, AZ

• Food City - Phoenix, AZ
    3131 E Indian School Rd
    Phoenix, Arizona
    United States of America

Food City - Phoenix, Arizona Food City reshelved my food after it was purchased Phoenix, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Shame on you, Arlene.

I arrived at Food City by a service for disabled people. I sat on a cart and began to do my shopping filling my cart with items in the weeks adds. I finished and went through the check out lane. I had bought to the store with me my personal cart and as I was checking out my groceries were placed into my personal cart. I started to get up to stand and felt dizzy passing out for a few seconds and at that I called for help knowing I was going to the hospital I asked if my groceries could go into the cooler. My groceries had been placed into the cooler and I was taken to the hospital. I was at the hospital four days. I arrived back at the sore to get my groceries and was told that my groceries had been put back on the shelf because they did not think I would come back for them.. I was challenged by the manager as he stated he would give me my money back but and could repurchase my groceries but would not get the food I purchased on the add and that I was lucky to get my refund because it is not the policy of the store to hold food for a customer under any circumstances.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2013 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/food-city-phoenix-az/phoenix-arizona-85018/food-city-phoenix-arizona-food-city-reshelved-my-food-after-it-was-purchased-phoenix-1036878. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Shame on you, Arlene.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - ()

They did you a favor and you thank them by writing ripoff reports against them.

The store was not obligated to store your food OR give you a refund.    When you were hauled away, neither you nor they knew when you'd be back.   They went above and beyond by restocking your items and providing you with a refund.

I'm sure they will think twice the next time the consider helping someone out.