Complaint Review: Foresters Financial

• Reported By: Shorty1 — Russellville Kentucky USA
  • Foresters Financial

Buffalo, New York
    USA

Foresters Financial Foresters Life Insurance They denied my husband's life insurance claim! Buffalo New York

My husband died on Aug. 29, 2016 and just today -- June 12, 2017 -- I found out his life insurance claim was denied!

I haven't received the letter explaining why but I already plan to speak with a lawyer!

It did say there would be no payout for the first two years, but hubby and I both thought we had more time than that. He even told the salesman that he would be around for five or more years. However, he didn't even live to see the first anniversary of buying it.

Is it legal to say we do not pay after two years or less? I know all insurance policies have a "No Suicide" clause for two years or more, but his death was definitely not suicide!

Does anyone think I have a chance? Should I try suing for grief, hardship, or something related? It took the first SIX months to get them started on their "investigation"!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2017 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/foresters-financial/buffalo-new-york-14201-0179/foresters-financial-foresters-life-insurance-they-denied-my-husbands-life-insurance-clai-1378644. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content