Complaint Review: Fortress Metal Buildings

• Fortress Metal Buildings
    500 Fairway Dr suite 204
    Deerfield Beach, Florida
    USA

Fortress Metal Buildings MBJD Steel, Mesco Buildings Misrepresentation, Bait and switch tactics, false and deceptive practices Deerfield Beach Florida

This company called me after I filled out a form with an online lead provider. I should have known better by their high pressure tactics and run away immediately. Not only did they pressure me, but they had an employee pose as a competitor and call me with a glowing recommendation of Fortress Metal and the deal they were offering. This individual claimed they were a manufacturer and that was where he bought his buildings as well and he could not compete with the price I was offered.

I put a deposit down on a building to construct a home and got a rough drawing but was told the building would not go to engineering until we had agreed on design, doors, window placement etc. Then out of nowhere I received a set of plans from their actual supplier , Mesco Buildings, to my complete surprise. These plans were never ordered, did not match the drawing I received and had no windows or doors at all. The plans could not be used for any permit process as they would not meet even the most basic of building codes.

I asked for a refund and was told that was not possible because of the engineering costs they incurred. I explained that I did not order these drawings and a mistake was made but I was only offered to change my building to something smaller. Additionally I sent the drawings to my county for review and they told me they were inadequate to obtain a residential building permit.  I have since asked Mesco for a copy of an invoice for the actual costs incurred with this design as well as asking Fortress and cannot get any invoices.  I sent the owners of the company the email from my building department showing the drawings are not sufficient for a residential permit and they still will not honor their agreement and refund my money.

The only communication I have received is Joe Digraziano, one of the owners, calling me up to scream and threaten me then he hangs up the phone before I can talk.  I really do not want to give more money to these people at this point because I have seen the level of service and type of business they run.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2017 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fortress-metal-buildings/deerfield-beach-florida-33441/fortress-metal-buildings-mbjd-steel-mesco-buildings-misrepresentation-bait-and-switch-1381634. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content