Complaint Review: Fountain RV

• Fountain RV
    8345 State Road 33
    Lakeland, Florida
    USA

Fountain RV Mark Elbrecht, OwnerButch Williams, Service Manager If These Crooks Work For You, You Deserve What You Get! Lakeland Florida

In addition to being incompetent, Mark Albrecht, his crew and business are crooked, decietful and dangerous. Her's my list...judge for yourself. We're talking about a 42' Country Coach.

1) Fountain changed me $1,250 for engine and generator servcie (oil, filters) that's widely available for $550.

2) Fountain charged me $3,500 to get my dash air working when their estimate was $750, plus customary parts and a probable end cost of maybe $1,000. The bungled this work because they failed to decontaminate the system on day one.

3) Fountain replaced front wheel bearings ... without doing a road test first ... and while doing this work my coach fell off the jacks, crashed to the ground, and we sustained body damage! They didn't do a post service road test because if they had, they would have seen the ABS fault light on the dash. When I saw it as I was leaving, I called Butch who said, "Don't worry about it. Happens all the time. Will go away in a day or two. OK to drive." After 1000 miles over two days, the light was still on, so I had the matter checked out. These jerks didn't put any oil in either hub, the mechanic wobbled the wheels by hand and removed the castle nut holding the wheel on with his fingers! No torque, nothing. "You're luck to be alive," the wideyed mechanic said. Those bearings must have been withe hot. "Those wheels could have...should have...come off!" It is only sheer luck that I'm here to tell this sad tale. This is $2,702.27 they'll never see, plus the'll pay my repair bill to correct their mess.

4) Believe it or not, there's more, almost $24,000 in ripoff that involves price gouging or between 200% and 800%, falsifying labor time and rates, failing to account for anything, lying, employing ill and injured workers who, in additon to working slow, damaged my coach. They put tools under my coach and allowed the leaky airbags to drop the coach on these big tools ripping off another fender. And, sadly, more.

I'm going after their Florida business license and filing complaints anywhere and everywhere I can (BBB, iRV2, Country Coach Owner's Assn. FAIR WARNING: if after reading this, you have Fountain RV do any work for you, you deserve what you get. If you know these jerks, please tell them about this post.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2017 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fountain-rv/lakeland-florida-33809/fountain-rv-mark-elbrecht-ownerbutch-williams-service-manager-if-these-crooks-work-for-1387588. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content