Complaint Review: Fred Pryor Seminars

USA
  • Phone: 800-556-3012
  • Web:
  • Category: Seminars

Fred Pryor Seminars CareerTrack, division of PARK University Enterprises, Inc. Charged for a Seminar I couldn't attend Nationwide

I received a pamphlet for a Microsoft Excel seminar being taught in my area. I used the Fred Pryor website to enter my personal information hoping to receive more information about the seminar on 7/22/2016. The date for the workshop/seminar came and went and things had changed enough in my life, that I completely forgot the program that day.

Now I am receiving bills for $79, the cost of the one-day class. Today a "Past Due Notice" came saying: "We would like you to receive the benefits of our training. Therefore, once payment is received, you may attend another seminar or confernce of your choice that is of equal or lesser value and scheduled prior to 7/22/2016."

I interpreted this to mean I could pay for and choose another seminar in my area within a year of the original date I had been interested in. But when I called the number on the notice, the customer service representative said their information would never claim that. She asked for my invoice number and spent several long minutes trying to figure out what I had received. She couldn’t figure out what my past due notice said, but was convinced I was lying. She said that I was required to pay the $79 even though I had never attended the seminar.

I have no intention of paying for something I didn’t receive. If they will allow me to attend a seminar in my area within the next year, I will gladly pay and attend. Otherwise, I’m not sending a dime.

After the phone call I made to Fred Pryor, I started looking on-line for reviews of their seminars and found their company is notorious for trying to rip people off.  Perhaps Fred Pryor should focus their attention on providing a really worthwhile product so people will recommend their seminars to co-workers, friends, and family instead of using deceitful practices to get money out of people and companies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2015 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fred-pryor-seminars/nationwide/fred-pryor-seminars-careertrack-division-of-park-university-enterprises-inc-charged-fo-1252312. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content