Complaint Review: Fredrick Asmussen

• Reported By: Jim — San Diego California United States of America
  • Fredrick Asmussen

Internet
    United States of America

Fredrick Asmussen Claimed to want to buy my timeshare, to get me to send a check Internet

Same scam as two others reported here - Fredrick Asmussen claimed to want to buy my timeshare after seeing it on ExclusiveSales.com (borderline rip-off there, but another story).

After a few e-mails establishing asking price and such, I received the exact same e-mail explaining that he and his broker were traveling, and he has sent me a cashier's check for $2900 - I'm to deduct $500 earnest money, and send a $2400 check to Alvin Ranit.

I will be taking the cashier's check to law enforcement authorities to see if there is any way to bust this clown.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2012 08:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fredrick-asmussen/internet/fredrick-asmussen-claimed-to-want-to-buy-my-timeshare-to-get-me-to-send-a-check-internet-969407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content