Complaint Review: Freecreditreport.com/ - Triple Advantage - Your Privacy Matter

• Submitted: Tue, December 11, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, October 11, 2008
  • Reported By: Greenacres Florida
  • Freecreditreport.com/ - Triple Advantage - Your Privacy Matter
    freecreditreports.com
    Irvine, California

Freecreditreport.com - Triple Advantage - Your Privacy Matter I tried printing my first freecredit report and ended up paying after that I got 3 monthly charges totaling to $45.00 each month Irvine California

*Consumer Comment: Did you read the Terms and Conditions and small print??

In July I went online to print a free credit report. When I tried they said I had recently printed one and wasn't allowed a free one. It wasn't true but I gave up and paid $29 to print a full report from all three agencies.

Four months later I was filing my bank statements and saw all these charges I didn't recognize. One for $13.95, one for $29.95 and one for $1 and these were monthly. I learned by using their services once I had automatically agreed to monthly subscriptions to three different agencies.

I called my bank to file a dispute and they said this is the number one dispute in their system right now.

Please boycott this company and find other means to view your credit report such as annualcreditreport.com.

When I contacted them for refunds all were agreeable except Tripple Advantage. They even hang up on me twice.

I have reported them to CNN Keeping them honest and encourage others to do so, this needs to stop.

Mina
Greenacres, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2007 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/freecreditreportcom-triple-advantage-your-privacy-matter/irvine-california-92623/freecreditreportcom-triple-advantage-your-privacy-matter-i-tried-printing-my-first-fr-290595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Did you read the Terms and Conditions and small print??

AUTHOR: Coffeeandkarma - (U.S.A.)

I work for a big bank and we have these types of disputes filed everyday simply because people are not reading the small print when they sign up for these free credit reports. They tell you right away that getting the free reports requires enrollment in their programs. Very few of these disputes are actually won simply because the businesses can almost always come up with the contact information that the person agreed to when signing up for the free reports. If something sounds too good to be true, it's usually because it is.