Complaint Review: Freecreditreport.com

• Reported By: Jared — Denver Colorado
  • Freecreditreport.com

Internet
    USA

Freecreditreport.com Experian Consumer Direct Misleading Terms and Hidden Reccuring Fees Internet

I signed up for a "free" credit report, they told me it would cost $1. Then they told me it would cost an additional $30 for all 3 repoting agencies. I didn't mind paying additional, even though I thought their advertising was misleading, what really upset me was the $19.99 recurring fee they slapped me with not even a week later.

I called to see if I could get my money back for the recurring fee, but the representative out of the Phillipines told me it was a "valid" charge. I aksed her if she thought she was working for a moral company and whther she had any qualms about their deception but she didn't seem to mind too much.

Not really worth the $19.99 to continue arguing with Phillipino call center employees, so I settled for a cancellation, but I promised I would write a negative review in light of feeling taken advantage of... and so I have. You are guarunteed one free credit report per year and I would reccomend doing that rather than using these guys. They are underhanded and manipulative. I never saw anything about a recurring charge or a way to prevent it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2014 10:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/freecreditreportcom/internet/freecreditreportcom-experian-consumer-direct-misleading-terms-and-hidden-reccuring-fees-1158456. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content