Complaint Review: Freedom Subscriptions (877-807-4709)

• Submitted: Mon, January 25, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, January 25, 2010
  • Reported By: Lori R. — Malden Massachusetts United States of America
  • Freedom Subscriptions (877-807-4709)

Internet
    United States of America

Freedom Subscriptions (877-807-4709) Fraudulently took $49.95 out of my bank account without my authorization Internet

*Consumer Comment: I Got A Refund

Early this morning, I decided to check my checking account balance before going to make a deposit. I was shocked to find that my account was in the negative. I hadnt charged anything and had not authorized any checks or electronic withdrawals, so I knew right away that something was wrong.

I researched my account and determined that the reason for my negative balance was due to a check that cleared in the amount of $49.95. In addition, I was charged a $34.00 overdraft fee because I didnt have the funds available to cover that charge in my account.

I contacted my bank right away and I have been advised to go to my local branch and file a fraud report. I now have to go through the process of cancelling my direct deposit with my employer, cancelling this bank account, and opening a whole new one. Im upset and extremely outraged that a company could and would do such a thing. How is this even possible?

I researched the company name online and got a lot of hits saying that the company was a scam and the word fraud was everywhere. It looks like I am not alone in this. Please let me know if a lawsuit will be filed against them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2010 07:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/freedom-subscriptions-877-807-4709/internet/freedom-subscriptions-877-807-4709-fraudulently-took-4995-out-of-my-bank-account-with-559576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I Got A Refund

AUTHOR: sofaking - (United States of America)

I had unauthorized charges from this company as well. I got my money back. But I also filed a complaint with the FBI on their website. The more people that are scammed file reports with the FBI the easier it will be for the FBI to arrest someone for fraud and theft. You could also try filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. Take a proactive approach.