Complaint Review: FreedomPop

• Submitted: Sat, September 03, 2016
  • Updated: Sat, September 03, 2016
  • Reported By: Matthew — Cypress Texas U.S.A.
  • FreedomPop

Internet
    USA

FreedomPop False advertising, inoperative service as advertised Internet

FreedomPop sells their product for use on smart phones without disclosing:

1) MMS is not supported without purchasing an add-on service, and that it still may not work after purchasing the service.

2) Unable to make non-wifi phone calls

3) Buyers will need their own personal communications specialist if any difficulties are encountered, which is very likely.

I have worked with customer service on this issue, the result of which is that not only did it not fix any of my problems, but kept the phone from making phone calls all together.  I had to do a factory reset in an attempt to resolve the problem, but because a backup was done, the reset reloads the backup that doesn't work.  Apparently there's no way to tell the factory reset not to do this, nor is there a way I could find to delete the backup.  I decided to create a brand new Google account to deal with this issue, and I'm now back where I started, which is the best I've been able to accomplish after at least 15 hours of effort over two weeks, which is:

1) I can make phone calls, but only over wi-fi

2) I can send text (SMS), but not multimedia (MMS), with or without wi-fi, even though I've paid extra for the MMS service.

On an unrelated not, one hard lesson I learned from this is to never allow your phone to be backed up.  Use syncronization to keep your contacts, etc backed up, but not the phone.  If you ever need to do a reset because the laydown is screwed up, you'll get that same screwed up laydown right back again after resetting.

I will be attempting to get a full refund of my purchase and a cancellation of all services.  From what I've read, that too will probably take an act of congress.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2016 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/freedompop/internet/freedompop-false-advertising-inoperative-service-as-advertised-internet-1326214. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content