Complaint Review: FreedomPop

Internet
    USA

FreedomPop Free??? Internet Service, watch movies, fast and cheap Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Live Video Streaming Eats Data

I subscribed to FreedomPop and was excited when the device arrived and went right to work, much like the "hotspot" I am using at this moment.  About a week ago after 2 weeks of usin FreedomPop, i get a notice that I have exceeded my allowable usage by 185%.  I watched Fos News live report on the bengazi whistleblowers.  as a result they are busy adding #1.99 and $10 overcharge payments to my account as fast  as they can.  I asked for a larger plan, so their service would at least be usefusl and they responded "10GB is the largest plan we have".  I thought about that and decided 10 GB must be very small in the world of the internet.....and realized there business plan is not to provide services, but to charge their customers for overruns at a rate of $00.005/MB.  That number looks small by a single GB would cost $50 additional dollars and my usage at the time of their notice was 18.5 GB.  I havent seen the bill yet, but I have unplugged FreedomPop.  It is northing more than a scam...do not buy FreedomPop.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2013 06:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/freedompop/internet/freedompop-free-internet-service-watch-movies-fast-and-cheap-internet-1050786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Live Video Streaming Eats Data

AUTHOR: FreedomPop - ()

Bob,

As FreedomPop gives away an enormous amount of free data every day to tens of thousands of people across the country, we do have certain limits in place in order to protect both ourselves and our users so that we may continue our mission of revolutionizing the data industry. Data is a real and measurable thing, and streaming live video or looking at graphic-heavy content consumes a great deal of data. Our service is most ideal for a casual data user - checking emails, reading the news, checking social media, or occasionally streaming a short video or low-quality film.

Streaming a live news report and frequently downloading large imagery does not work well on a 10GB data plan, but as FreedomPop is focused on bringing Internet to those who do not have it and bringing down the outrageous costs of internet for most of the data consumer's in the country, we do not offer a plan larger than 10GB.

The pay-as-you-go data plan in excess of our 10GB home plan is just $0.005 per MB, which is unparalleled in the industry. This means a single extra 1GB only costs $5.00, not the $50 that you mentioned. Users are able to track their data usage from their online FreedomPop.com account, and may also opt into a usage alerts service that will actively send notification when approaching your monthly data limit.

If you have any other questions or concerns, we would be happy to follow-up on them with your open support ticket. Thank you.