Complaint Review: Freedompop

• Freedompop

Internet
    USA

Freedompop Scammed me out of $84.00 Internet

In ignorance I contacted freedompop andregistered a username and password, and received in the mail a set of 3 SIM cards, for which I was charged $2.97. This took place in November 2016. Suspicious because of being automatically moved from the free to the 1GB data plan, I chose not to use their services. I did not install the SIM cards in any of my devices. I tried to cancel the service but kept getting replies that my username or password don't match their records.

Nonetheless, having never employed their SIM cards, I never activated service. So I expected no further charges. Now, late Dec 2916, I found 3 charges of $27.98 each from freedompop on my credit card statement. As these charges have no basis whatsoever, I have contacted the credit card company and officially disputed them. I strongly recommend that no one do business with freedompop. The content of other reviews confirms the nature of my experience with that company - that it has a record of deceptive and dishonest business practices spanning years.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2016 10:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/freedompop/internet/freedompop-scammed-me-out-of-8400-internet-1345534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content