Complaint Review: Freelancer.com

• Reported By: Bill — Wilmington Delaware
  • Freelancer.com

Internet
    USA

Freelancer.com aka getafreelancer.com Freelancer took out $100 from my account without my consent and has yet to return it. Internet

*Author of original report: Still waiting

A month ago I worked for a client with the username "thatcherjohn". He created a milestone for $100 (the agreed amount) and I started working. Once I submitted the files he stop responding to my request to release payment. After over two weeks I decided to file a dispute. A week after filing a dispute freelancer released the milstone to me. However, just a few days ago I saw that there was $100 less on my account. Upon inquiring it turns out that Freelancer reversed the payment. When I submitted a ticket to fix the problem, they said it was reversed for security reasons and that I should wait for the client to fix his account issues.

To this day his account issues have not been fixed and I've not seen the $100. Freelancer charged me a project fee which too theydid not refund. Howe can freelancer deduct money from my account, which is technically my money without my prior consent? This has me scared to the bone it means that they can at any time decide to just reverse all my paments and I'll be flat broke.

"thatcherjohn" is a scam artist and Freelancer has also turned on to be a scam and of no help to me. I strongly advise people against working here. Though I will never see my $100 but I consider this a warning to stop working here forever.

Thank you Freelancer for nothing!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2014 07:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/freelancercom/internet/freelancercom-aka-getafreelancercom-freelancer-took-out-100-from-my-account-without-m-1178645. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Still waiting

AUTHOR: Manu - ()

If I get my money back I may close this report.