Complaint Review: Freelancer.com

• Reported By: Johnny Vega — Other Costa Rica
  • Freelancer.com

Internet
    USA

Freelancer.com Could not cancel order, charged card without authorization Internet

I opened a 3 day Contest in Freelancer.com for a logo design, the event it was being designed for was canceled, so I tried to cancel the contest less than 24 hours before opening it in the platform, but I could not.

I contacted customer service and explained the situation but  they said it was a guaranteed contest, meaning I could not cancel it, they said I checked that option in my order, but they did it on default.  I explained over and over again, but they keep offering to extend the contest as a solution, which does not make sense because I did not wanted more designers, I did not wanted more designs, I just wanted to cancel the order and get my $ 80 back.

The charge appeared as reserved funds on my account debit card.  I spend a lot of time with customer service, wrote a claim in the site support form and wrote to support@freelancer.com.  Same result, they just would not cancel my order and insist on extending it as a solution.  If I did not chose a winning desing they said they will distribute the funds between those who submitted designs.

Again, I did not needed the logo anymore, but it is worth mentioning that they claimed I will receive at least 30 designers, I just got 3 with low quality designs, and even though the reason to cancel it was not quality, they do not even commit to what they offer.

I decided to contact PayPal with a claim because they processed the charge and inmediately Freelancer restricted my access to their platform and charged not $ 80 but $ 87.95 to my credit card.

So now is even worse because in the contest I was supposed to pick a winner at the end of Tuesday, day 3, which if I was interested in doing I could not do have done because I had no access to manage the contest.

So basically

1. I could not cancel the service I told them many times I did not needed anymore

2. They on default checked an option that will not allow my to cancel the order

3. They limited the access to the contest before it was over

4. They charged $ 87.95 without my consent, for a service I did not want and did not receive.

5. Worst of all, even explaining with patience over and over again, they charged me without my consent.  As I told them many times as  well the objective of their platform is to fulfill customer's needs, not to charge for services a customer does not want anymore with disregard of situations that may arise.

Their support department just communicated my access was limited and procedd to charge my card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2017 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/freelancercom/internet/freelancercom-could-not-cancel-order-charged-card-without-authorization-internet-1384950. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content