Complaint Review: Freelancer.com

, Select State/Province
    USA

Freelancer.com Ripped off New South Wales Australia

*UPDATE Employee: I'd like to help

I needed to find a computer guy to help me with my website marketing. I found freelancer.com and had requested a bid, I liked the computer company's reviews and I hired them. I made an online payment and since freelancer.com takes a commision the payment goes through them first then they release that payment to the computer company. After my payment was made freelancer.com claims that I never made a payment (even though my bank account statement shows a payment to  them). Then, freelancer.com asks me to take a snapshot of my account to show them proof that I made a payment. After taking a snapshot of my account and emailing it to them, they then proceed to close my account and have yet to respond to their request of the account snapshot. Conveniently there is no phone number so good luck dealing with these thieves. Horrible experience, do NOT use them!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2013 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/freelancercom/select-stateprovince/freelancercom-ripped-off-new-south-wales-australia-1083031. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I'd like to help

AUTHOR: Eleanor L. - ()

Hello Laura,

I have come across your post and I can imagine how you've felt when one part doesn't seem to agree with what you have on hand, and I'd probably feel the same way as you did.

My name is Eleanor, from Freelancer.com.  I'd like to help you out and get this dilemma of yours resolved.
Shoot me an email eleanorl@freelancer.com with your username or even the ticket ID of the prior correspondence and let me have this investigated for you.We are working towards improving our Customer Experience, and what you just had is something that we really need to revisit, so as to prevent things like this from happening again in the future.  I'd be looking forward for your email.