Complaint Review: Funai Corporation, Pye Video

• Reported By: Hoffman Estates Illinois
  • Funai Corporation, Pye Video
    19900 Van Ness Ave.
    Torrance, California

Funai Corporation, Pye Video Just like what happened to the person with the Magnavox VCR/ DVD Recorder Torrance California

I know exactly how the person feels who bought the Magnavox VCR/DVD Recorder. This is probably the exact same item but with a different brand stamped on the front, since both products trace back to Funai.

My Pye VCR/DVD Recorder stopped recording video under 9 months after I bought the unit, the DVD recorder stopped working within a month after that, and the unit would completely malfunction (not even allowing me to have it on for channel changing) and make horrible noises. The only way I was able to remove my media from the unit was by unplugging it and taking it apart.

I did not have as long a process with the company on the phone as the previous complainer did. But I did have the same runaround. In my first phone call, they said that I needed to fax certain information, so I did. Once that was complete, they said they would issue a UPS sticker for me. It was then that I learned that they would fix it for $45 (even though there was no previous mention of payment), and that there was no guarantee that it would work when they were done.

I figured, forget it--that's half what I paid for the unit!, gave the guy a little lip about the runaround, and decided to move on. Circuit City--time to drop the bottom-shelf merchandise from your catalog in the name of customer satisfaction.

Somebody's gotta say something
Hoffman Estates, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2008 05:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/funai-corporation-pye-video/torrance-california-90501/funai-corporation-pye-video-just-like-what-happened-to-the-person-with-the-magnavox-vcr-321057. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content