Complaint Review: funtonia

• Reported By: kaylansean777 — fairbanks Alaska United States of America
  • funtonia

Internet
    United States of America

funtonia i was over charged and it doesnt even work, now im negative in my acount with a over charge fee. Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Hope my comment helps either now or in the future

I was charged money for something I didn't want now I owe my bank 50 dollars!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2011 06:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/funtonia/internet/funtonia-i-was-over-charged-and-it-doesnt-even-work-now-im-negative-in-my-acount-with-a-711671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Hope my comment helps either now or in the future

AUTHOR: Melinda - (United States of America)

Hey I also got riped off from funtonia.  The same day I signed up found out that I could not download any ringtone to my metro pcs phone.  They state on their website that their service works with all us carriers including metro pcs.  And yes, I have web access on my phone.

They provide no customer service number, only an email option in which they never responded back to.
What I did was I called my bank and reported my debit/credit card stolen on the same day I signed up with funtonia.  By the way, funtonia charged me $23.94 and on their website they say they charge $3.99 per month for six months, but they never say that they take the whole amount for the six months all at once.  This made my bank account go in the negative.
Next, once the funtonia charge changed from a pending transaction to a cleared transaction, I then went to my bank and filed a dispute on the charge based on that my debit/credit card was stolen to get my $23.94 back.

I had to do this because you can't reverse a debit or credit transaction, but you can report a lost or stolen card and get a transaction disputed and try and get the money back. Also, I won't have to worry about funtonia trying to charge me six month later and rip me off again. Hope this helps.