Complaint Review: FUNTONIA

• Reported By: Dallas Texas
  • FUNTONIA

Internet

FUNTONIA YET ANOTHER BOGUS "RINGTONE COMPANY" Weston Internet

I can't believe I actually signed up for this "service" about a half hour ago. Somehow after I gave Funtonia my credit card info SOMETHING in the back of my mind told me to check them out on the net just to make sure they were legit.

I am so glad I did. The way things are these days who knows where this company is based out of and how many times they will bill your credit or debit card. Even though they say they have a P.O. Box in Virginia without any physical address and real phone number they could just as well be anywhere outside of the U.S. which obviously gives people no legal recourse.

I would advise anyone who has this service to check their statement every month. These kind of businesses count on people forgetting about the "promise" of a one time charge to your account.

To top all that off there is no telling who they could be associated with and what those people could do with your personal information.

After I realized what a Dumb decision I made, I immediately cancelled my card due to fraud and I am just so glad I did.

Bren
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2008 07:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/funtonia/internet/funtonia-yet-another-bogus-ringtone-company-weston-internet-367641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content