Complaint Review: Furniture Now in Leicester MA

• Reported By: Very upset customer — Douglas Massachusetts USA
  • Furniture Now in Leicester MA

Lei,
    USA

Furniture Now in Leicester MA A company that does not stand behind their customers Leicester Massachusetts

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Issue was with the outside Delivery Company Not US !

I had a horrible experience with Furniture Now in Leicester.   We had remodeled our home and needed some furniture for a couple of rooms.    We were interested in leather furniture and heard that Furniture Now sold it.    We arrived at the location in Leicester at 4:45 pm.   They close at 6:30.   My husband had checked them out before hand and spoke with Bruce.   When we walked in, my husband said, hi Bruce, how are you?   Bruce looked at us, sighed and said well I was just about to close!!!!!   Really??  Almost an hour and a half before you were spooked to.    We felt soooo welcome.   Bruce then told us to look around.    Unfortunately,  we bought the set for $1800 cash.   This was against my better judgement ,  especially how we were greeted.    There is an 8x 10 sign on the desk advertising for J and T Delivery.   Bruce wrote the number for Logan on my receipt.

I called Logan when I left the store.  I spoke with Logan who quoted me a price of $100 and preferably cash.   Logan and 2 co-workers came on a Friday night.   My husband said they appeared to be in a rush.   My husband told them to take their time and bring the smaller couch in first as they needed to bring up a larger couch and would not be able to fit by the bigger couch.  Needless to say, Logan didn't listen and brought up the larger couch first.   When they rushed up the stairs to bring up the smaller couch, the hit our newly finished trim work by talong a chunk out.  I noticed it when I got home because my husband was going to get the $100 cash he was quoted to be paid.   My husband asked for a receipt.  Logan told him he had none in his truck but would mail him one once he got to his "warehouse". It has been 5 weeks now and to date no receipt.

I called the owner, Scott to see if he could help out a customer seeing he advertises for this so called moving company.   Scott appeared to be very helpful in the beginning.    I never heard back from Scott and always had to call him back for a response or some help.

Today was a killer.   I called Scott and told him Logan never called which he responded he would call him now and have Logan call me.   Logan called all right.   Said I owe him another $50 if I want a receipt.   Something sure sounds fishy to me???   I called Scott back.  Being such a responsible business owner, and taking such great care of his customers, he said he does not get involved and hung up on me.

Needless to say I will never ever buy any furniture from them. From what I have read, they do not have very good reviews.  I wish I had read them earlier.    The second room of furniture we bought was from Sundeen Furniture and couldn't be happier with their customer service.

Ps.  The delivery free too.

I would NOT recommend Furniture Now for any of your furniture purchases.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2016 06:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/furniture-now-in-leicester-ma/lei-/furniture-now-in-leicester-ma-a-company-that-does-not-stand-behind-their-customers-leices-1278237. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Issue was with the outside Delivery Company Not US !

AUTHOR: Bruce K - (USA)

Issue was with Outside Delivery Company and Not Us.

If you read this REVIEW  its all problems they had with the delivery company and not us .

We called the Delivery Company and ask them to address this issue .

This is the only problem we ever had with this Delivery Co.

If you have any Problems with The Leather Furniture you purchased with us Please call us and we will Fix this problem ASAP.

Ps * Delivery is NEVER EVER FREE ...Delivery is inculded in the PRICE of the Furniture.

WE are a Leather Furniture Outlet and On avg. our customer save $1000s per pc. and are more then happy to arrange their own pickup.

Also i treat every customer with Respect and Yes we had to close early that day because i had to drive a employee home due familiy emergency which i told customer before hand .

Most of customer reviews are 5 stars and we also realize you cant make everybody Happy !