Report: #197780

• Reported By: Cherry Hill New Jersey
  • Future Fitness
    1432 Route 70 East
    Cherry Hill, New Jersey

Future Fitness ripoff at Future Fitness, Planet Fitness of Cherry Hill New Jersy

*Consumer Suggestion: Report them, prosecute them and Sue them

To Whom It May Concern:
As A 72 year old Veteran living on Social Security, I wish to complain about the way Future Fitness, formerly Planet Fitness treats its good clients.

I joined of, my own free will, without any salesman pressuring me, Planet Fitness when they first opened in Cherry Hill, approximately 5+ years ago.

As of late, I am under doctor's care regarding leg pain and am taking shots and prescription medicine for my problem and am walking at certain times with the aid of a cane.

I called Planet Fitness, now called Future Fitness to resign my membership because I can no longer benefit from it.

They declined to take my resignation over the phone and insisted that I had to come in to their facility to resign which I did. A young man met with me and told me several ways in which I could retain my membership. I told him that I have been a member for many years, that I live just across the parking lot from the gym and so if I need a gym, the facility in Cherry Hill would be the one that I would go to. He said I would have to sign a form and that I would be charged for 3 month thereafter. I said that I would not sign the form and left.

Now Future Fitness is dunning me for monthly fees plus additional late fees when I spoke to their accounting department, they informed me that they still consider me active and will give my account to their collection agency, who reports your(my) delinquency to the credit bureaus that monitor your(my) credit history.

Anyone considering signing up with Future Fitness, you've been warned.

Jerry
Cherry Hill, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2006 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/future-fitness/cherry-hill-new-jersey-08034/future-fitness-ripoff-at-future-fitness-planet-fitness-of-cherry-hill-new-jersy-197780. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Report them, prosecute them and Sue them

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

They should be put out of business... They are taking advantage of the elderly and there are laws to protect you from vultures like them,,, plus the tv news people LOVE stories like this...