Complaint Review: Gadget Circuit LLC

• Gadget Circuit LLC
    15 Schoolhouse Road Somerset NJ, 08873
    Somerset, New Jersey
    USA

Gadget Circuit LLC GadgetCircuit.com fails at processing credit cards, sketchily pushes you to use PayPal Somerset New Jersey

*UPDATE Employee: Credit Card Issues

I attempted to purchase a Sony NEX 6 camera from Gadget Circuit using a Visa card (they say that they accept all major credit cards). I chose Gadget Circuit because the price was much lower than any other website.

The purchase was initially flagged as unusual activity from my bank/credit card, and did not go through. I then authorized the purchase, but subsequently received the following email from Gadget Circuit:

"Dear Valued Customer:
Thank you for your recent purchase. Unfortunately your order is
currently on hold as your contact details could not be verified and the credit card authorization was not approved. We offer a safe and secure way to pay using PayPal. If you would like to complete this transaction this way, please let us know and we will send you a request to complete this transaction. Please note the order can only be shipped to the address noted on your payment. If you do not wish to complete this transaction via PayPal, we will need to cancel it.
Please let us know how you wish to proceed. We hope for your reply soon.

I emailed them but they were slow to reply, so I called explaining that I had cleared the transaction with my bank, and asked them to try again. They said they could not, that I could either try with Paypal, or cancel.

I asked them to cancel so I could try again with my Visa card. The results were the same. I received the exact same email, even though all my contact information was an exact match with my credit card info. I canceled again and decided to move on. I'll ended up going through Amazon.

I don't trust this company. I can't tell whether or not it is legit, but even if it is, they are unhelpful and incompetent. A credit card purchase should be easy, and they can't even do that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2014 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gadget-circuit-llc/somerset-new-jersey-08873/gadget-circuit-llc-gadgetcircuitcom-fails-at-processing-credit-cards-sketchily-pushes-y-1114626. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Credit Card Issues

AUTHOR: Gadget Circuit - ()

We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. We also accept PayPal. For your protection, we screen credit card orders for potential fraud. Please ensure that your billing and shipping addresses are exactly correct, to avoid delays in order processing. Incorrect information may cause a delay in the processing of your order. Your order may also be delayed if additional verification of billing information is necessary.

Yes! We accept PayPal for orders placed using our One-step checkout process. To pay using PayPal, you must have an established PayPal account. For more information on setting up a PayPal account, visit their web site.

Thank you for your review. I do apologize for this issue. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with (866)-897-0563.

Customer Care