Complaint Review: GameFly

PO BOX 93005
    Long Beach, California
    United States of America

GameFly Charged for broken game Long Beach, California

I joined GameFly in July & my 1st game I received was warped & unplayable upon arrival. I was getting ready to leave to Model, Co to do military training for a month & I reported the game broken, just before leaving. I didn't know that after reporting the game broken, I'd only have 7 days to send it to them before being charged for the game & if it's not received in 30 days, I won't get the full refund. I was under the impression that I can hold onto a rented game for as long as I want so I wasn't worried about it before I left.

When I got back, I noticed that I was charged for the broken game & that my Comcast email account has been deactivated. This email address was what I used for my GameFly account so I couldn't get the emails that were sent. I couldn't find a phone number to reach GameFly customer service so I did a live chat with them on their website. I told them that I was training in the middle of nowhere for a month & I had no phone & internet service & I couldn't ship the game back, but they didn't care. They told me the only thing they could do is a partial refund for sending the game back to them. I cancelled my membership with them & I wouldn't recommend GameFly to anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2010 05:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gamefly/long-beach-california-90809/gamefly-charged-for-broken-game-long-beach-california-638503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content