Complaint Review: Games Plus

• Games Plus
    3710 Summer Ave
    Memphis, Tennessee

Games Plus Owner Cursed Me When I Triede to Return A Game Memphis Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: um no just no

*Author of original report: another complaint

On December 24, 2007, I purchased a used copy of Call of Duty 2 at Games Plus in Memphis, TN. I took the game and my laptop to a nearby coffeehouse. The game would not work, so I called the store, asking for an exchange, as I had noticed that he had two more copies. I called and spoke to the owner, asking for an exchange. He suggested that I may have a problem with my computer. I told him I have a new upscale Dell. He then told me that the store policy is no refunds or exchanges or store credit on PC games. He was yelling at me. I said "caveat emptor, huh?", and he said I had a sh___y attitude. I told him that using fourletter words as adejectives was very unprofessional. He then said he would talk to me any way he liked, asking if I was stupid and ignorant? I said that I aqm not stupid, that I am a published novelist. He then said "f__k you and hung up." I called him back saying that I did not appreciate his rudeness, unprofessional attitude, and bad language. He said that he had my number on caller ID, and that if I called back the police would be visiting my home for harassment.

Ok, I can lose $15, but I think his disrespect and egregious attutude should not be tolerated.

Incidentally, another coffee house patron, Darren, noticed who I was talking to, and said that the owner had treated him exactly the same way.

Larry
Memphis, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2007 02:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/games-plus/memphis-tennessee-38122/games-plus-owner-cursed-me-when-i-triede-to-return-a-game-memphis-tennessee-294217. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

um no just no

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

i walked into this store for the first time yesterday.  i was treated very very well. so much so that it made me feel like family.
we literally talked about the owners family.

i have a hard time believing that the game group of people would have been so rude to you, and more-so that you were more than courteous to them.

most people dont treat you like s**t unless you do something sh**ty, and based on the fact that i walked in for the first time to sell some stuff and didnt even buy anything from them and was treated with the utmost respect you must be full of crap.

for the record. this store has a HUGE selection of awesome games i didnt even know existed. i will definitely going back. odds are this dude is full of ****.

another complaint

AUTHOR: Larry - (U.S.A.)

I just saw a bad review of this same business on yahoo, stating the staff was rude and the owner unprofessional with awful custgomer service.