Complaint Review: Garmin International

• Garmin International

Internet
    United States of America

Garmin International Product support - NOT Internet, Internet

In Jan. 2009, I bought a NUVI 500.  In June 2010 I bought the lifetime update.  Until I bought the lifetime update all was well but at the first use of the lifetime update my GPS decided to turn itself on and off at will.  I wrote to Garmin and they gave me a reset instruction...which I did.  It worked well for a few weeks and now it is going on and off at will again.  I contact Garmin again and they tell me I am out of warranty and for $99.00 I can get my Nuvi repaired.

You tell me.  If the GPS was working fine before the lifetime update it seem rather ironic that I update and that the very day I do so the GPS stops being reliable.  Hmmmm.  Garmin will not budge from their position that my warranty has expired and they will do nothing to fix the situation.  I don't think I am being unreasonable.  Things like this don't just happen the moment you update.

Moral of the story:  Try a different vendor when considering a GPS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2011 04:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/garmin-international/internet/garmin-international-product-support-not-internet-internet-788468. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content