Complaint Review: Garmin

• Reported By: Cam — Ottawa Ontario Canada
  • Garmin

Nationwide
    United States

Garmin Garmin- Garmin Express application update now now compatable with older OS Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: One thing you need to understand

I have 3 Garmin products registered. Yesterday I wanted to update my lifetime maps. This is a normal process using Garmin Express. This time I got an error message. I tried several times. Decided to reload the application via the Garmin wed site. Did so. However now Garmin says that Garmin Express is not compatable with my Operating system. I have a HPG60 running Microsoft Vista. It was compatable until now. I do not want a new operaring system nor do I want to buy a new computer just to support their application. They have change their rules from when I purchased the unit. This will become a big issue as people are moving away form computers and laptops towards devices such as iPads and do not want dole out money just for garmin. This morning I emailed via the Garmin web site looking for a solution to support their original agreement (Nov 5 2017)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2017 06:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/garmin/nationwide/garmin-garmin-garmin-express-application-update-now-now-compatable-with-older-os-nationwi-1410448. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

One thing you need to understand

AUTHOR: MacaroonX - (United States)

Because Microsoft has already ended Windows Vista OS version support, there is no obligation for any software venders to support the version. Of course, this is why some people moved away from any Windows software because of the OS kept changing too much. Though, it is not really a rip off but rather the evolution of OS and software. Sadly, the ones who would have issues are customers...