Complaint Review: Gateway Energy Services

• Reported By: Tknabe — Villanova Pennsylvania
  • Gateway Energy Services

Villanova, Pennsylvania
    USA

Gateway Energy Services lied deceived misled fraud annoying dishonest Villanova Pennsylvania

A Gateway Energy Services rep showed up at my door as I was doing work outside. He pretended to be here on behalf of PECO energy, and later described himself as being from a company that works for PECO. He said he was here because my neighbors had been calling and complaining about rates. A quick google search shows that they are instructed to say this despite the fact that it is not true.

I was conned into giving him my PECO account number. Now I have to stop them from switching my service so I do not incur PECO cancellation fees, and/or possible rate increases.

Afterwards, that night, I recieved exactly 10 calls from them (all of which I ignored), from 4:29-8:46PM. The next day I recieved 3 similarly spaced calls from an unknown number.

I have no respect for purposely confusing and misleading business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2013 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gateway-energy-services/villanova-pennsylvania/gateway-energy-services-lied-deceived-misled-fraud-annoying-dishonest-villanova-pennsylva-1065550. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content