Complaint Review: GC Services Limited Partnership Collection Agency

• Reported By: Chuckels73 — San Jose California USA
  • GC Services Limited Partnership Collection Agency

Nationwide
    USA

GC Services Limited Partnership Collection Agency Collections, Old Traffic tickets Houston Nationwide

*Author of original report: Fees Expunged

*Consumer Comment: Observation

I Just received a notice from GC Services that said I owed the Superior Court of Sacramento $1,056 for a traffic violation from March 23, 2006. After reading similar reports on "Rip Off Report", I have decided that this is a scam, and won't bother contacting these people.

The truth is that I have been registering my vehicles for the last 6 years without incident. The DMV had told me 7 years ago that my violations were no longer an issue, and that there was a statute of limitations, that had allowed me to get my Driver's License back. I have been driving and registering vehicles without incident. I am pretty d**n sure that the DMV would have contacted me long ago, to tell me that my CDL was suspended.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2017 09:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gc-services-limited-partnership-collection-agency/nationwide/gc-services-limited-partnership-collection-agency-collections-old-traffic-tickets-housto-1365652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Fees Expunged

AUTHOR: - ()

Well first of all, there is a statute of limitations after 7 years. They can't wipe your record, give you your driver's license back, then turn around 5 years later and claim you owe money from 2006. I spoke to a Lawyer. Once it's done, it's done!

Observation

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

I am not saying that this is legitmiate, I am also not saying it isn't. This is just as an observation on a few things.

First you stated that the DMV said you don't have an issue. Yet this company says you owe the Superior Court of Sacramento.  So what did the court say when you contacted them? Just because you have your license doesn't mean that you may not still legally owe the fine.

Next, I have never heard of any Statute of Limitations in terms of a license suspension. That is it seems unlikely that the DMV just said "Oh you've suffered long enough, so here's your license back".  In fact they State just ended a program where they gave amnesty to people with unpaid fines for certain violations that were due before 2013.  But even that still required payment of some of the fine and various fees.  Seems like there is something missing here that you are not telling us.

Finally unlike a lot of these reports you actually seemed to have had issues with the courts and/or DMV where at one time you may have actually had unpaid fines or fees.