Report: #1196191

• Updated: Wed, December 17, 2014
  • Reported By: Demery — Oldsmar Florida
  • GC Services

USA

GC Services GC Services is a SCAM, unethical business practice.

GC Services is a scam. They sent a collection notice to my home for $10.56 for DISH NETWORK.

I have not used DISH in many years and I know for certain that I do not owe them any money. It was so difficult to cancel my DISH service back in those days that they made absolutely sure I returned all their equipment and paid all my bills first. If I did owe them, why would Dish never try to contact me directly after all these years? My contact information has not changed.

When I called the toll free number on the collection letter from GC Services it was a recording telling me that I had won a FREE two day, two night cruise just for calling! Then it prompted me to speak to a customer services person to book my free vacation...how exciting...

When I said that I didn't want a free trip they gave me another number to call, and when I called that new number it said that number was not accessible from my area. I decided to search on their website and found a third toll free number, different from the first two, and when I called that one there was an automated offer to sell me a home security system.

I was never albe to speak to a real person except someone trying to get my my personal information to book some stupid cruise. This is a joke. I am contacting my local state representitive and also state representitives in Texas where GC is located.

I will also contact Dish Network.  I demand confirmation in writing from both DISH and GC Services that there is no debt. I expect this whole thing is a scam to get inbound calls to their sales department.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2014 08:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gc-services/-/gc-services-gc-services-is-a-scam-unethical-business-practice-1196191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content