Complaint Review:

• Updated: Wed, June 15, 2016

• Reported By: David — Rock Springs Wyoming USA
Geeks Technical Support
Internet USA

Geeks Technical Support I allowed a pop up claiming a one time fix for free for my laptop from a window claiming it was from avg Internet

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I doubt that avg free authorized this company to pose as representing them. I have used avg free for around 15 years. However, when I clicked on a pop up on my laptop I thought was from avg I received a download that dramatically slowed down m laptop. When I tried to contact avg this morning I got a site claiming avg technical support and called them. I gave them access to my laptop and the technician said I had no virus support and many hackers were in my laptop. Ok, fix it, I responded, still thinking I was really talking to avg. When he said it was going to cost at least $300 I became angry, expletives not mentioned here. He hung up the phone after saying he was destroying the use of my laptop. I knew this could not have been AVG. After running scans, etc. and restarting and opening things seem ok for now. I recalled the avg support number and it was geeks tech support that I had talked to. I suspect their site might have hackers working. I am going to contact AVG and report this scam is operating claiming they are AVG support.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2016 07:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/geeks-technical-support/internet/geeks-technical-support-i-allowed-a-pop-up-claiming-a-one-time-fix-for-free-for-my-laptop-1311480. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geeks Technical Support