Complaint Review: Geico Insurance

• Geico Insurance
    geico.com
    Internet

Geico Insurance Online Ripoff Geico Ripoff Deceptive Scottsdale Internet

So I went online on Geico's site and locked my rate at $421. I even called them to confirm that the price was correct. So far, so good. A few days later, I received my premium in the mail for $840. What?!

I immediately got on the phone with them and they explained to me that that they had entered in the wrong "address zone" when they gave me the quote.. TWICE. So they went ahead and took the liberty of doubling my premium for me without notification. I canceled immediately. This isn't just wrong, its flat out unethical.

Frankd747
Scottsdale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2008 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/geico-insurance/internet/geico-insurance-online-ripoff-geico-ripoff-deceptive-scottsdale-internet-384134. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content