Complaint Review: Geico Insurance

• Reported By: Karen — Reisterstown Maryland USA
  • Geico Insurance

Nationwide
    USA

Geico Insurance Government Employees Insurance Company Steals money from people not EVEN insured with them Fredericksburg

I helped my son out last month and paid his car insurance with my debit card.  He paid his own insurance with his own debit card this month and Geico took the payment out of his account and mine.  I am not insured with Geico so I instantly called and spoke Courtney.  She was very apologetic and admitted they owed me a refund.  She called over to accounting and they also admit they owed me a refund.

And so it begins......they will refund my money but first they have to get on a 3 way call with me and my bank to verify the debit has posted to my account.  Once they verify it then they will have to refund the money to my son since he is the one insured with them and then I will personally have to collect the money from him myself.

I have no understanding how a major known insurance company does not have the capibility to refund money to somebody's account that they took it from.  That is the most obsurd thing I have ever heard.  If you have the ability to deduct money from somebody's account then you have the ability to refund that money.

So....I get transferred to the manager Andrew who tells me this is their polocy.  They have to refund the money to the person that is insured with them.  They can not refund the money to me personally even though it was my bank account they took the money from.  He says that's just how they have to do things.

Once again.....I still have no understanding.  I AM NOT a customer of yours.  You took my money without my permission.  You owe ME this money and I want it back.  Back in my account where you stole it from.  Not back in somebody else's account.  I don't care if that somebody is my son.  It is my money.  It is my bank account.  You took it without my permission.  Why should I have to go through loopholes to get my own money back?

And so.....they do not have a solution for me.  Accounting is closed and that is their policy.  If I would like to call back on Monday morning they will give my son my money and I can collect it from him :(

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2015 06:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/geico-insurance/nationwide/geico-insurance-government-employees-insurance-company-steals-money-from-people-not-even-1261837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content