Complaint Review: Geico

• Geico
    5260 Western Avenue
    Chevy Chase,, Maryland
    USA

Geico Geico added driver to my Motorcycle policy without my consent after I told them not to Chevy Chase Maryland  **Author of this Report is NOT CONFIRMED**

After calling Geico to inquire about the cost of adding my 21-year-old son to my motorcycle policy, I was given a quote that would more than double my yearly premium.  I declined the quote due to the increased expense and explicitly asked the representative to make no changes to the policy which he assured me he would not.  Imagine my surprise when I received an e mail a few weeks later detailing the payment plan for my continued insurance, it had more than doubled and my son was now listed as a driver on the policy.  I assumed this was an honest mistake by Geico and called them up, I was told that a "supervisor" had insisted that he be put on the policy even though I stated that the bike was not owned by him and would not be ridden by him.  Geico also refused to remove him from the policy and said that if I cancelled the insurance on this bike the premium on my other bike would go up as a result!

Needless to say I immediately cancelled both Motorcycles policies with Geico and found insurance with another company, I'm seriously thinking of doing the same with my cars, this is an outrageous way to do business!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2017 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/geico/chevy-chase-maryland-20815/geico-geico-added-driver-to-my-motorcycle-policy-without-my-consent-after-i-told-them-not-1397398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content