Complaint Review: Geico

• Reported By: Miss Bea — St. Louis Missouri USA
  • Geico

Nationwide
    USA

Geico L.M. Insurance adjuster L.M. took my version of a car accident and twisted to get the driver who almost ran me over off the hook so geico won't have to pay me. Saint Louis Missouri

*Author of original report: Pedestrian

*Author of original report: Pedestrian

*Consumer Comment: You were not a pedestrian

The person who hit me on my electric scooter is getting off free from damages caused by her lack of not paying attention to a pedestrian crossing the street. On Christmas 12-25-2016 @ 7:00 pm I was going east on Manchester and she was going west on Manchester. I waited for the signal light to turn green on Big Bend I started across on my electric scooter with my (head light and back lights on!!!) then this vehicle making a left turn from Manchester west on to Big Bend going south hit me on my scooter I was half across the street then she hit my scooter knocking my back left light out. The insuance adjuster L.M. took my statement and twisted to not have to pay restitution to me. I get a letter from Geico saying I had dark cloths on and my head light was not and the driver was slow and  causous. Not causous at all !!! It should not matter what I was wearing and my head and back lights were on until the driver knocked out my left back light. SCAM!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2017 04:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/geico/nationwide/geico-lm-insurance-adjuster-lm-took-my-version-of-a-car-accident-and-twisted-to-get-t-1355351. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Pedestrian

AUTHOR: - ()

And No I was not cited!!!

Pedestrian

AUTHOR: - ()

Are you crazy ,so you are saying I can not cross the street with my electric scooter the purpose is to help me get around. And I am a pedestrian crossing the street like any other person. I guest if I was walking across the street she would  have ran me over.

You were not a pedestrian

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

You are not telling the full story here.

If you were ridding an Electric Scooter through the Intersection, you were NOT a Pedestrian.  In most jurisdictions that is illegal and you are lucky you were not cited(or perhaps you were and just forget to mention it).

However, if you think you have such a Slam-Dunk case, having the insurance claim denied isn't the end.  You can still file a Small Claims case on your own.  If you can convince a judge that you are in the right and can prove the damages you are claiming then it should be a simple case for you to prevail.  Of course if you lose I guess you will be right back here saying how the courts twisted your story as wel.